Idiom Savant stirs from the dead very rarely these days. But, like the return of daylight saving time and debilitating hay fever, you can always count on seeing a new post here sometime around early March.
That's right -- that which you have dreamed has once again become reality. It's time for the third annual Idiom Savant Invitational Fill Out Those Brackets On Yahoo Sports Thingit Type Deal.
Questions you may be asking yourself at this point may include the following:
Q: Am I eligible to participate?
A: If you are reading this, then yes.
Q: What must I do to participate?
A: The steps are these:
- Go here: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/132864
- Click the "Join Group" button.
- If you already have a Yahoo! account, sign in. If not, you will need to sign up for an account.
- (If the above steps don't work, go to http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1, click "Join a Group," then on the button under "Accept an Invitation to Join a Group." Sign in or create a new account, then enter the Group ID number, which is 132864. No password.)
- Once you're signed in, you'll go to the "Assign a Bracket" page. Click "Create a New Bracket." Name it whatever you want, click the buttons for your preferences, and click "Submit."
- From there, follow the instructions on the page to make and submit your picks. Deadline is Thursday, March 19, at the start of the first game (noon, I think).
Q: What is at stake?
A: Nothing. There is no reward for winning, nor any penalty for losing. The whole experience may in fact leave you feeling enervated and hollow. The Earth revolves, another year begins and ends, we all crawl a bit closer to the grave. Go Heels.
Q: Who has won in the past?
A: Last year, I did, but just barely. In 2007, it was Minty.
Q: Are you OK? You haven't been writing much.
A: Yeah, I'm fine. Been busy, mostly. Thanks for asking.
And, as I do every year, America, I ask: We doin' this?
Oh, hells yeah. We doin' this.
ISIFOTBOYSTTD 2009 is brought to you by the Monongahela Metal Foundry -- casting steel ingots with the housewife in mind.